Online Job for All. Work from home computer.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Busted in 26th Place

From the Live Reports at Poker News yesterday:

Catching the action on a 4h 2d 6c flop we found Scott Clark moving all in to force Sam Barnhart out but find a snap-call by La Sengphet. Clark: Ac 8c Sengphet: 2s 2h
With Clark drawing virtually dead, the 6h on the turn would end his tournament forcing him to the rail in 26th place as Sengphet moved to 190,000 in chips.


It is true, this play does not look good on paper. Playing for the National Championship and a WSOP Bracelet, I open shoved into two very tough players with air. I had been a bit card dead for my Day Two and the hand above began with myself UTG+1 with a suspect Ace Eight suited. The thing that amazed me in this tournament was the fact that players actually folded to my preflop raises often. My read was that I had a decent table image, and this table had been pretty tight at this stage of the tournament.

Tunica Main Event Champion Sam Barnhart called. Sam is a good ole boy with a Southern gentleman's charm and he started the day with only 20K in chips. Somehow he had gotten hot at his first table and gathered the chips to put himself back into contention. Barnhart's call was slow and deliberate. I got the feeling he wanted to raise to isolate and changed his mind. I read him as holding AQ or something like Eights or Nines. La Sengphet and her big stack also made the call and we went to the flop.

The flop was a 2 4 6 rainbow and here are my thoughts. I was nearly certain that La did not hold a pair Nines or bigger. She had a big stack and she would have raised preflop to grab position. IF Sam held something like Sevens, Eights, Nines or Tens -- I was in big trouble. My only hope would have been he felt squeezed with La behind him, causing him to fold a better hand (not likely). After Sam had folded, I thought I was going to win this hand, as he was my main concern...

La snap called with a set of Deuces and I was out the door.

La and I had played versus each other during the last table of Day One and it is very easy for me to like her. I friended her up on my Facebook a few months ago and we have a lot of fun with my name being Clark, same as her boyfriend David Clark. She actually afforded me a free look (Queens) after she three-bet my raise allin. My opinion is La has the advantage as being known as "that girl" by too many of the men. Her play doesn't get enough respect. She knows it, I know it -- and the one thing La knows for sure is how to use a big stack and play the role of  "I am just a girl with a stack."

La Sengphet is my Sentimental Pick to win today...
Follow the LIVE action at PokerNews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
My Ping in TotalPing.com